UTAH BEER FESTIVAL IS CASHLESS!
USING CASHLESS PAYMENT TECHNOLOGY
Your personalized festival wristband is not only your ticket to get into Utah Beer Festival faster, but it will also be used as your digital wallet to make purchases at the festival – all with a simple tap of your wristband! Gone are the days of having to worry about taking your wallet out for every purchase or fumbling for tokens and change; instead, enjoy fast, convenient and secure transactions using your RFID-enabled wristband at all brewer and food locations. Now you can focus on which beers you want to sample next.
Cashless is the only method of payment accepted on-site by all beer vendors and food vendors. To make the most of your experience, register your wristband online in and ‘top-up’ by loading pre-paid funds into your cashless account before you arrive – this will save you tons of time on-site, so you can get straight to enjoying the beer!
HOW TO GET YOUR WRISTBAND: You will be able to purchase an RFID wristband from City Weekly, starting on July 19th. If you have previously purchased an online or hard ticket, but need to swap your ticket for your wristband, you can swap starting on July 19th at City Weekly or at a Swap Party (details coming soon). Note: if you are unable to swap your ticket for your wristband prior to Utah Beer Festival, you will be able to at the box office on-site upon arrival.
2-day GA and EBD tickets are available to swap for RFID wristbands now at the City Weekly office. All other ticket types can be swapped for a wristband in advance starting .
IF YOU HAVE A TICKET: If you purchased a ticket for Utah Beer Festival online, at a local brewery, at a local event, or the City Weekly office, you will be able to swap it for your RFID wristband starting July 19th at City Weekly or at a Swap Party (details coming soon). If you aren’t able to swap your ticket for a wristband before the event, starting on July 19 you can also use your ticket to top-up your cashless account. Simply create your cashless account, link your ticket using the ticket number found on your ticket and then top-up! Don’t worry, any funds topped-up using your ticket will be transferred once you link your wristband to your cashless account.
IF YOU HAVE A WRISTBAND: If you purchased a wristband from City Weekly, or swapped it prior to arriving on-site, you can simply create your cashless account, link your wristband and then top-up! You will then be ready to make cashless purchases on-site.
HOW TO REGISTER YOUR TICKET/WRISTBAND:
STEP 1: CREATE YOUR ACCOUNT
- Click this link to “Register Your Ticket/Wristband”.
- Click “Register” or use an existing Facebook account to sign up.
- You will receive an email from Utah Beer Festival asking you to confirm your registration by clicking the activation button in the email.
- Follow the instructions on the website to finish setting up your account.
STEP 2A: LINK YOUR TICKET
- Once you’re logged in, click the “Tickets/Wristbands” tab from the top menu and select “I have a ticket”.
- Enter the ticket number found on your ticket.
- Click “Add”.
STEP 2B: LINK YOUR WRISTBAND
- Once you’re logged in, click the “Tickets/Wristbands” tab from the top menu and select “I have a wristband”.
- Enter the security code (shorter number) and wristband number (longer number) found on the RFID tag on your wristband.
- Click “Add”.
STEP 3: TOP-UP YOUR ACCOUNT
- Click the “Top-up” tab from the top menu then click the blue “Top-up” button.
- You will be asked if you want to “Enable Auto Top-up” (see below for details). You can click “Maybe later” or “Yes, enable”.
- Enter the amount you wish to top-up, review your order and click “Checkout” when ready.
- Enter your credit card information on the payment site.
**Note: The tokens that come with your ticket, starter tokens, will not appear in your cashless acount before you arrive to the festival. To use your starter tokens, simply tap your wristband at any vendor payment point on-site, and your starter tokens will be immediately available for use. You can also view your full cashless balance by tapping your wristband at any online terminal on-site, including vendor payment points or Top-up Station locations.
All unspent credit will be refunded back to you after the event (less a $3.50 refund processing fee). Please review our refund policy for more details.
Saturday: Auto top-up sales end at 7:15
Sunday: Auto top-up sales end at 6:15
ENABLING AUTO TOP-UP
The easiest and most convenient way to add credit to your account is to enable “Auto Top-up”. With the “Auto Top-up” feature, your account balance will automatically re-load $25 pre-paid credit into your account when your balance drops below $10 amount. The pre-paid amount will automatically be charged to your credit card and you will receive an email notification of this transaction.
Don’t miss out on the benefits of Auto Top-up:
- Optimal convenience
- You’ll never run low on credit at the event
- Saves you time not having to wait in line at a “Top-up Station” to top-up more credit
- Automatic email notifications whenever your account gets re-loaded with credit
- Automatic refund back on your credit card for leftover credit after the event
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO REGISTER YOUR TICKET/WRISTBAND?
- Ability to top-up your account in advance, saving you time from waiting in line at a “Top-up Station” on-site
- Email notifications of all your top-up and purchase transactions
- Tracking of your on-site purchases
- Automatic refund after the event (for any leftover credit from online top-ups)
- If you ever lose or break your wristband, customer service will be able to cancel and re-issue you a new wristband and transfer your account balance if you are registered
HOW DO I ADD CREDITS TO MY ACCOUNT AT UTAH BEER FESTIVAL?
You can top-up at one of the on-site Top-up Stations located throughout the event grounds. However, vendor stands will not be able to top-up for you, so make sure you have enough credit in your account before making purchases. Trained staff will be on-hand to help you through the process. You can also skip the lines and top-up online using your smartphone!
HOW DO I MAKE A PURCHASE?
Now that you’ve topped-up your account, you can make cashless purchases for food, drinks and merchandise at the event. Once you’re at a vendor location:
- Tap your wristband on the RFID reader.
- Place your order with the staff.
- Tap your wristband a second time to confirm your transaction.
The amount will automatically be deducted from your account. It’s that easy!
CAN I TRANSFER MY CREDITS FROM MY WRISTBAND TO ANOTHER ONE?
No, you cannot transfer credits once they are in your personalized account. However, any leftover credit will be refunded to you in accordance with our refund policy.
Q) DID YOU PURCHASE MULTIPLE TICKETS/WRISTBANDS?
Register a new account for each ticket/wristband purchased. Assign a ticket/wristband to each of your buddies and have them each create a new account with their ticket/wristband numbers.
CAN I SPLIT THE COST OF SOMETHING WITH A FRIEND?
No, you cannot split payment for an item. Only one wristband can be used to open the transaction, and that same wristband must be used to close and confirm the purchase. This is a security feature to ensure the purchaser is in control of their own spending.
IF MY FRIEND AND I BOTH HAVE LEFTOVER CREDIT, CAN WE COMBINE THE REMAINING AMOUNTS INTO ONE ACCOUNT?
No, you cannot combine credits from different accounts once those accounts have been created separately.
I’VE LOST MY WRISTBAND! WHAT SHOULD I DO?
If you’ve created an account online and linked your ticket/wristband to it, no worries! Visit Customer Service at the event and they will deactivate your lost wristband and issue you a new one. Please bring valid photo ID. Link the new wristband number to your account and continue having a great time – your money is still in your account if you’ve previously linked it.
However, if you did NOT create an online account and didn’t link your ticket/wristband, unfortunately your remaining credit balance can no longer be retrieved. To get a replacement wristband, visit Customer Service and show proof of your original event ticket purchase along with valid photo ID. If someone else bought the tickets on your behalf, you will need to bring the original purchaser with you to the kiosk and show proof of purchase along with valid photo ID. Replacement wristbands will be issued at the discretion of the Customer Service Representative.
To avoid this issue, we strongly recommend you create an account and link your ticket/wristband to that account prior to the event. Treat your wristband the same way you would treat cash! We are not responsible for any funds stolen / missing from your wristband if you lose it.
WHAT IF I HAVE LEFTOVER CREDIT AT THE END OF THE EVENT? WHAT IS YOUR REFUND POLICY?
All credit left unredeemed by the close of the festival will be refunded in accordance with the terms below:
- Credit Card & Debit Card: Leftover funds on your account purchased online or on-site at the event using a credit card or debit card will automatically be refunded back to your card (less a $3.50 refund processing fee) within 10 business days following the end of the event.
- Cash: Leftover funds on your account purchased on-site at the event using cash will require you to complete a Manual Refund in your online account page (less a $3.50 refund processing fee). Upon verification, the refund will be processed within 10 business days following the closure of the refund form.
- All refunds are subject to a $3.50 refund processing fee.
- Refund processing is subject to verification of the data inputted by the guest in the Manual Refund Form. The guest is responsible for submitting accurate data.
The deadline to apply for a Manual Refund is August 27th, 2017.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS OR TROUBLESHOOTING ISSUES?
Please e-mail email@example.com and provide the following information:
- Full registered name
- Wristband number(s)
- What action you are trying to take (topping up, registering, etc.)
- Where the problem appears (e-mail, login screen, external payment site, etc.)
- What the exact error message is
- Transaction number (if applicable)
If you have questions on-site, please speak with a representative at Customer Service or a Top-up Station.